CONLANG  July 2004, Week 3

CONLANG July 2004, Week 3

Re: Ceqli

And Rosta <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:04:38 +0100

Tristan:
> Rex May - Baloo wrote:
> > I don't quite get the precipitous voting for removal.  When you go here
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Constructed_languages
> > You see a lot of things at least as marginal as ceqli, or am I missing
> > something?
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something (I wasn't aware of that category before
> you brought it up just now). I suppose depending on the outcome of this
> deletion, I might suggest those, too. It's probably something Wikipedia
> needs a policy on.
>
> I certainly wasn't picking on you or Ceqli. I don't give a rat's either
> way about Ceqli, it's all about the article.

I can understand how you might not give a rat's either way about
Ceqli relative to other conlangs (-- which is not really relevant)
but if you don't give a rat's either way about Ceqli relative to
other no less obscure things that might warrant an encyclopaedia
article, then how come you are on Conlang list? Even if the only
objection to the article was that it had been written by Rex
himself, would not the more fraternal action have been to ask
Rex to get one of his Ceqli colleagues to rewrite/resubmit it,
rather than placing it on a page proposing the deletion of
articles of more or less indubitable shite?

--And.