Fw: Re: Conlanging get-together in Boston outside the Worldcon

Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:33:00 -0400

-----Forwarded Message-----
From: "Lawrence M. Schoen" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Aug 31, 2004 6:25 PM
To: Jim Henry <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Conlanging get-together in Boston outside the Worldcon

On 8/31/04 3:59 PM, "Jim Henry" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sylvia Sotomayor wrote:
>> On Monday 30 August 2004 21:31, Jeffrey Henning wrote:
>>> I work outside the city and will be around.  I would love to get together
>>> with other conlangers.  In the past, I've met Ray Brown, Ben Madison and
>>> Leo Moser in Real Life.
>
>> Wonderful. I don't know my schedule yet, but I would love to get together.
>> I'll be staying at the Sheraton Boston Hotel on Dalton St. If there's a
>> particular time (or times) that is convenient for you, let me know. I'll be
>> checking this email regularly.
>
> Maybe we could meet for lunch sometime at a restaurant near the
> convention center?
>
> I'll be staying at the Chandler Inn hotel several blocks away.
> (I didn't make up my mind to come until June, when the main
> hotels were full.)  I doubt I'll check email often if at all, but
> you can contact me via the Voodoo Board in the convention
> center main hall, or maybe leave a message for me at the
> Esperanto League fan table.
>
> I'm cc'ing a couple of others who will also be there.

Jim, thanks for including me in the round of email.

I'm delighted to learn the Esperanto League will have a fan table and I'll
definitely stop in and say hello at some point.

My schedule is pretty hectic because at the WorldCon I wear both hats:
Klingon Language Guy and SF Author Guy. If any conlangers are interested in
what kind of fiction a Klingon speaker writes, do come to some of my
readings. My full schedule can be found here
<http://klingonguy.com/news.html>. Likewise, I invite you all to come and
learn some Klingon grammar on Thursday at 5.

Best,

Lawrence M. Schoen, Ph.D.
KLI Director

- Jim Henry