CONLANG  October 2004, Week 4

CONLANG October 2004, Week 4

Re: Senyecan ortho. breakthrough

John Cowan <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 27 Oct 2004 07:29:35 -0400

Philip Newton scripsit:

> In my experience, even Billware encodes such
> Windows-1252-but-not-Latin-1 characters correctly when sending as
> UTF-8.

Microsoft's support for Unicode is in general excellent, both in
breadth and in conformance.  Of course, it took them a while to get
there, and their obsession with absolute backward compatibility means
that there are still plenty of broken versions of tools out there.

--
The man that wanders far                        [log in to unmask]
from the walking tree                           http://www.reutershealth.com