CONLANG  October 2004, Week 4

CONLANG October 2004, Week 4

Re: Information on future English language development?

Rik Roots <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:42:22 +0100

On Thursday 21 Oct 2004 21:41, Sally Caves wrote:

> Anybody else doing this?  I'm writing on behalf of my friend, but I'll
> admit a bias towards the contemplation, as well, of a future human.  Given
> how much our language reflects our politics, technology, and so forth, a
> future English has to take into account some sort of future history, and
> future technology, right? Especially given our increasing "digitalization."
>  How can it not?

While I've not formally pulled together a Future English Conlang, I have
developed some ideas about how the language could evolve as part of a
(currently abandoned) poetry sequence:

http://www.kalieda.org/poems/xwalk.html

The language is set 300 years into the future, and assumes we'll be working
and living in space by that time. Maybe it will be of interest to your
friend?

> yours truly,
> Sally

Rik