For those TEI_ers still working, it is a time of gifts. A new snapshot
of TEI P5 is available, bringing you the very latest endeavours of the
The big change is the implementation of
which means that all id attributes, and all element attributes which
point to them,
are a bit different. If you are interested, read SOW09, and give it a try.
The text _description_ of linking is in the process of change, so expect
considerable changes over the next month to the prose, but hopefully the
schema side is correct.
The other important change, internally, is that more or less all of the
are managed as well-formed and validateable XML; a good many have been
as XML for some time now, but we have finally put in a proper system to
them all. And valid they are! It was frightening to see how many were
not valid - in a few cases, grotesquely not so.
Where can you get these goodies?
* The schemas, dtds and test files at http://www.tei-c.org/P5/ are up
to date with the
* The XSLT stylesheets at http://www.tei-c.org/Stylesheets are updated
to work with
both P4 and P5 files to the current spec
* there is a special TEI Winter Solstice CD release at
(not linked to from anywhere, go straight there). This a Knoppix release
containing the latest and best TEI material of all kinds:
- TEI Emacs up to date with stylesheets and schemas
- searchable eXist database of the P5 Guidelines
- TEI Guidelines (P5) as HTML
- the Roma application for building your own schemas
- (since its Christmas) a selection of games and edutainment for kids
so that's it for 2004 from me, at least, in the TEI.
see you in 2005.