CONLANG  December 2004, Week 1

CONLANG December 2004, Week 1

Calendar Systems

Geoff Horswood <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:23:44 -0500

Hi all,

I'm trying to create an interesting calendar system for the Xinkutlan
culture- something totally unrelated to the standard Julian/Gregorian
model.  I'm passingly familiar with some of the Ancient Near Eastern
calendars (Egyptian & Hebrew mostly, though I think I've some notes on the
Babylonian system somewhere...), and I've had a brief look at the Maya
calendar system, but I thought I'd put the question out there and see what
others have done.

So:

How do you arrange your calendar (assuming