AUXLANG January 2006, Week 3

Re: Geographic table

Jens Wilkinson <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:42:04 -0800

--- Andrew Nowicki <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Ygyde conlang solves this problem with the help of
> its newest feature called geographic table.

I'm sorry to be flippant, but I can't believe that you
would actually think that people would be capable of
learning or remembering such a scheme. For computers,
it might work. But considering that we have perfectly
comprehensible names for countries already, people are
not going to want to memorize a bunch of names that
all look pretty much alike.

But there is a lighter side to it. I don't know if the
grammar is correct, but the phrase "Albania and Italy
are dead" might be expressed as:

"bijity bocaty ybu."

It's a line from a song from the Disney movie
Cinderela. :-)

-Jens Wilkinson