CONLANG  March 2006, Week 4

CONLANG March 2006, Week 4

Conlangs-Conf Recipes

Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:49:43 -0800

If anyone wants to try this, go ahead, but I'm making it up on the
spur of the moment.

Disclaimer: If anyone dies or gets sick after eating this, that's
their problem.  I hold no responsibility for my recipe.

Ninja Latu ['ni.''nj& 'l&.''Ty]
A type of sweet biscuit eaten as dessert on long voyages.

2 cups Bisquick (or if you want to labor longer, then make it for real
with real flour and real yeast)
2 tbsp sugar
Honey

Make dough as expected, but use a bit less water than usual (enough
for it to be chewy, but it should be a little dry), and add the sugar.
 Knead dough until sugar is spread evenly, and divide into biscuits.
Cook until golden brown.  Cut the top of each biscuit open and add
honey.

If you want to get technical, while eating, say "Ninja latu lamji
seca" ['ni.''nj& 'l&.''Ty 'l&.''mjI 'Se.''sa], which is an Old Cenoji
phrase meaning "this voyage will end well".