AUXLANG Archives

AUXLANG@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

Monospaced Font

AUXLANG Home

AUXLANG  November 2006, Week 4

AUXLANG November 2006, Week 4

Re: "mal-" is funny to people (Re: Attachment to nouns)

Rex May <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:56:02 -0500

Like Steve Rice said awhile back, one of Eo's biggest attractions is that you can PLAY with it this way.
Which you mostly can't with Ido, LFN, etc. This leads me to another question. When I first
encountered the form "De kia koloro estas la domo?" I thought, why isn't it de kiu koloro? And now I
ask you. Is the latter acceptable? If so, does it have a slightly different meaniing than the kia form?