We are running a training day on TEI at Oxford University Computing
Services on February 13th. Lou
Burnard and I are the teachers.
The details are at
http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/itlp/courses/detail.xsp?code=TWDA; in brief
* Digital Text with TEI and XML. What is text anyway? How does XML
* Creating and editing an XML document
* Customizing the TEI. How do you use the TEI modular structure?
What modules does the TEI provide and how do you extend them?
* Using the Roma application to generate TEI customizations.
* Accessing XML Documents. An overview of publishing and retrieval.
Unlike previous years, we'll not be covering XSL and XQuery; we want
to make the day a bit less hectic.
People from outside the university and Oxford are welcome to attend;
they should contact [log in to unmask] directly, as the booking
system is only for Oxford people.
Please feel free to advertise this elsewhere.
Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431
OSS Watch: JISC Open Source Advisory Service