CONLANG  February 2007, Week 1

CONLANG February 2007, Week 1

Re: Additional diacritics (was: Phonological equivalent of...)

"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 7 Feb 2007 19:43:57 -0500

I disagree on both counts.  The only reason CXS exists is that we were
dissatisfied, as a group, with X-SAMPA.  We could just use X-SAMPA and be
done with it, but as long as we have our own version, there's no reason not
to extend it and even change it.  Arbitrary changes should be avoided, of
course, but logical ones should be adopted if there's enough support.

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>