The Sisyphean boulder of TEI P5 is nearly at
the top of the hill. But it will not fall back.
Version 1.0 will be upon us at the end of October,
at the TEI Members Meeting (have you
registered to go yet? see
I am glad to announce version 0.9 today. You
can find it in the normal places:
- on Sourceforge at
- in the hierarchy at http://www.tei-c.org/release/
- as Debian packages at http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/teideb/
- in Roma at http://tei.oucs.ox.ac.uk/Roma/
There are changes you will notice, such as
- a new scheme for digital fascimiles (see
- revised material on rendition
- a place in the header to record application information
- a noticeably changed design of the Guidelines for the Web
- a TEI Lite with validated examples
and many small changes in the prose. The effort now concentrates
on the text of the chapters, and changes which affect the schemas
will be few (hopefully none!).
Obviously, report any nasties as soon as you can, and I'll
make a 0.9.1 release next week if I have made a mess of anything.
To coincide with this P5 release, my XSL stylesheet family is also released
in version 5.6 with many small fixes. These are mainly to do
with ODD processing.
Roma is lagging a bit behind; expect that soon.
Information Manager, Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431