together with Susan Schreibman I'm trying to organize the
Education SIG meeting to be held during the forthcoming
TEI meeting in Maryland (Saturday 3 November, 10-12:30,
with a coffee break in-between.).
We suggest a provisional agenda:
1. Round-table introductions
2. Methods for teaching TEI/Text Encoding
- Teaching methods and concepts
(like workshops, hands-on sessions, inviting Experts, ...)
3. Ideas for Teaching Particular Data Types/for Teaching Text Encoding
- Teaching Text Encoding for different subject areas
(like newspapers, dictionaries, critical editions, poems...)
- Teaching Text Encoding with different degree of granularity
4. Using e-Humanties tools for teaching
- new media like Video-streams of recorded session
- screen recorders for the production of teaching materials ...
5. Planning a collaborative teaching TEI environment ...
- Issues to address? Working groups to be set up ? ...
- Plans for next year's meeting of the group ?
- possibilites for grant funding ?
Since Susan is very busy as local conference organizer, may I ask those,
who will come to the Maryland meeting and are considering to attend
the Education SIG meeting to send an email off-list to my address,
just to get an idea about the number of possible participants?
Eamil: [log in to unmask]
Looking ford to meeting in College Park, Maryland,
with best wishes Werner
Institut für deutsche Philologie
Tel: ++49 931 888 5612 Am Hubland
Fax: ++49 931 888 4616 D - 97074 Würzburg
emailadresse: [log in to unmask]