CONLANG October 2007, Week 4

Re: Another wikipedia deletion: Kēlen

Henrik Theiling <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 Oct 2007 03:03:59 +0200

Hi!

Jim Henry writes:
> I just don't have the energy to fight the large and vocal deletionist faction
> on Wikipedia anymore.

Same here. I've even lost my impulse to fix some minor spelling problems.
Sadly.

> I've been putting most of my online volunteer time toward Project
> Gutenberg rather than WP lately, as it seems less likely to be
> wasted effort.

A very good project to support, I think!

The deletionists especially seem very efficient in pissing off
supporters of Wikipedia.

Wikipedia grows, topics narrow down, more and more special stuff is
included. That's natural, that's obvious, and I think that's good.
If you delete, you will eventually hit the beloved special topic of
anyone participating. By allowing deletionism the Wikipedia is
probably digging its own grave.

**Henrik