TEI and polygons

Le Rolle Vanessa <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:34:40 -0400

Dear list,

In my training, I’m operating on the project of a critical edition
electronic of the notebooks of Flaubert's “Bouvard et Pécuchet”.

We are planning to use TEI. We’re now thinking about a method to develop a
close correspondence between text and image, and to cut the sheet in several
areas.
The problem is that the corpus is a modern manuscript and so areas or zones
are very irregulars.
We found that TEI only allows rectangles (“att.coordinated”) and we need for
the project to make polygons.

I would be thankful for any information about this case, and if other
digitalization projects have met this problem, how are they dealing with?

Yours faithfully,

Vanessa Le Rolle
Institut des Sciences de l'Homme - CNRS UMS 1798
Service d'Ingénierie Documentaire
http://sid.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr/