CONLANG July 2008, Week 2

Word classification

caeruleancentaur <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:20:18 -0000

>"David J. Peterson" <dedalvs@...> wrote:

>...semantic categorization can be a *lot* of fun for artlangs--
>especially when it comes to noun classes.

When this discussion first started I didn't think that it pertained
to me, but then, I was thinking of Roget's Thesaurus.

Senjecan nouns do fall into classes, though. The Senjecan culture
considers six to be a mystic number and there are many sextets/hexads
in the culture.

One of them is the noun classes, of which there is one fo