Re: Washington Bridge photos

"Rogers, Donald" <[log in to unmask]>

Rogers, Donald

Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:49:39 -0400

Thanks, Howard. All added up, these are some pretty disruptive obstacles. RIDOT seemed to take some time to apply some minimal patching to the situation last Spring, but some of this work has deteriorated and new problems have cropped up, such as a missing cover plate just this morning on an approx. 10" x 14" electrical junction box in the middle of the sidewalk. Add in the improper signage prohibiting bikes from the westbound travel lane/direction, and a letter does seem like a good idea.

I'll start drafting one up to RIDOT.

Thanks,

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Brown University Bicycle Commuting List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stone, Howard
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BIKE-TO-BROWN] Washington Bridge photos

-----Original Message-----
From: Stone, Howard
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:42 AM
To: Biketo; [log in to unmask]; Rogers, Donald; Greve, Mark
Subject: FW: [Advocacy] RIDOT Bicycle (Photos 1-3)

Steve Church at DOT just sent me 7 photos of the north sidewalk of the Henderson Bridge. The Bike to Brown email list doesn't accept attachments, so I couldn't send the photos. (I did sent them to Don Rogers, Mark Dieterich, and Mark Greve). Steve suggests that Bike to Brown send a letter to DOT Director Michael Lewis (see below).

Howard