CONLANG August 2008, Week 3

Re: USAGE: Esperanto for "run away"

Dana Nutter <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:11:50 -0400

> [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eugene Oh

> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > Sasxsek:
> >
> > murun = run away (assuming there is
> actually an act of
> > "running")
> > mukin = go/move away (any motion away from
> something)
> >
> > mu = (away) from [prep.]
> > run = to run
> > kin = to go/move
> >
> > The opposite of "mu" is "fu" (to/toward) so "fukin" would
> be "to approach".

> Intriguingly "fukin" happens to be Japanese for "vicinity",
> and "mukin"
> takes a bit of a stretch, but could probably be analysed as
> "no closeness".

Just a coindicidence. "mu" and "fu" where created from some early phonosemantic schema that I started with though I didn't quite stick with it as much as I originally intended. "m-" having to do with origins, thus "mo" = "I,me", "mu" = "from", "mi" = "previous", and "ma" = "because". By a similar method I have "fo" = "you", "fu" = "toward", "fi" = "future", "fa" = "then [conj.]".