CONLANG  August 2008, Week 3

CONLANG August 2008, Week 3

Re: Books at Lulu.com

Rick Harrison <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Aug 2008 19:26:25 -0400

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:23:14 +0200, René Uittenbogaard <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>That's a cool 2d (language?) diagram on the cover. What's that
>language called? Or is it just a drawing of a bird?

Are you thinking of the one which looks like a diagram of a molecule? I was
thinking that "semantic primitives" are sometimes called "atoms of
meaning"... and I combined that with an idea for using single characters
from Unicode, one per concept, as a briefscript... and combined that with
some vague notion of "non-linear writing systems"... and there you go.

The second one down is just a melange of glyphs from a font called "Crop
Circles." Bottom left corner is a random string of glyphs from a cipher I
made, based on the Myanmar script. Bottom right is modified characters from
the Yi script.

Sorry about the cover illustration... I know it's mediocre but I had already
gone way past my own deadline, so I had to create _some_ image, _any_image,
and go to press.