CONLANG  August 2008, Week 3

CONLANG August 2008, Week 3

Re: Beijing, Zhongguo, etc. (was Re: 'out-' affix in conlangs?)

Herman Miller <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:59:14 -0400

Eugene Oh wrote:

>  Are Tirelat and Minza related, actually? /T/ is a tough sound to replace
> indeed -- How do others do it, I wonder? Japanese does it by [s], Cockney by
> [f], and many languages (including French) by [t].
>
> Eugene

Tirelat and Minza are only related in the sense that Minza borrows from
everything. The core of Minza grammar and basic vocabulary is mainly
from Lindiga, but Tirelat is another source of Minza vocabulary.