CONLANG  August 2008, Week 3

CONLANG August 2008, Week 3

Re: OT: Clones

"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:23:23 -0400

On 8/18/08, David McCann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 18:38 +0200, Benct Philip Jonsson wrote:
>
>  > How have other SF authors handled the theme?
>
>  Lois Bujold:

She was the first thing I thought of, although I almost didn't
recognize her name without the "McMaster" in there. :)

> Clones are generally either the siblings or the children of  their progenitors, depending on
> which planet you're on.

...at least on those planets where they have legal status at all.
Beta is held up as the exemplar of how such things should be handled,
but some other planets (<cough>Barrayar<cough>) are still playing
catch-up between their customs/laws and technology.

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>