CONLANG  August 2008, Week 3

CONLANG August 2008, Week 3

Re: 'out-' affix in conlangs?

Benct Philip Jonsson <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Aug 2008 20:18:33 +0200

Would [Gw] really be possible? One would expect it to simplify to [w]
pretty much automatically, at least for human speakers. The [NG]
sequence looks pretty alien too! In Sohlob the nasal gets omitted in
order to avoid an illegit sound sequence. BTW Henrik, would you prefer
Tayalaeng or Tayaelaeng to render Theilling? To be sure both spellings
would be pronounced [t&:l&N] in Heleb, which has both height and
palatal vowel harmony.

--
/ BP