Help for BIKE-TO-BROWN Archives

BIKE-TO-BROWN Archives

BIKE-TO-BROWN@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

BIKE-TO-BROWN Home

BIKE-TO-BROWN  December 2008

BIKE-TO-BROWN December 2008

Re: Lane closed on Henderson *westbound* (towards Providence)

"Williams, Geoffrey" <[log in to unmask]>

Williams, Geoffrey

Thu, 4 Dec 2008 11:44:58 -0500

From my quick glance as I came in this morning I would strongly caution
those who use the right hand clover-leaf to get onto the west bound
lanes (as you are approaching the bridge from the south) to cross the
traffic and ride up the other ramp.   It looks like there is about a
cars width only at the merge zone (if it is open at all).

I didn't stop to check completely.  And most who normally ride across
using the clover leaf loop on-ramp probably discovered the challenge
this morning.  If not.  Use care.

On another note.  They are finishing up the re-bar form that will make
up the guardrail on the Washington bridge for foot and bike traffic.
Maybe they will have it poured before too long and open for "us."

And finally.  I forget who predicted when RIDOT would replace the
missing cover on the sidewalk, but I think the guess was just about
right.  Saddly.

Be safe out there!

Geoff Williams
Leduc Bioimaging Facility Manager