CONLANG  December 2008, Week 2

CONLANG December 2008, Week 2

Re: Poll

Carsten Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:38:42 +0100

Hi,

Israel Noletto schrieb:

> 1st (choices 1 through 3) Why have you started conlanging?

( ) Professional Purposes
( ) Influence from others
(X) Hobby/pastime

As I said before, I have always found words more intersting than
numbers. Eventually I found M. Rosenfelder's "Language Construction Kit"
by looking for stuff about Tolkien's languages back in 2003 and gave it
a go.

> 2nd (choices 4 through 10) What linguistic mechanisms have you applied when conlanging?

( ) Studies on Sound Change
( ) Studies on Analogical Change
( ) Studies on Semantic Change
( ) Studies on Syntactic Change
( ) Studies on Borrowing
( ) Studies on the Comparative Method for Language (Re)construction
(X) Studies on Linguistic Classification

It's sad, but I haven't yet read up on language change. I probably should do that. But then, I haven't managed to finish reading "Describing Morphosyntax" in 4 years :\

> 3rd Your conlang is... (choices 11 through 15)

(X) A priori
( ) A posteriori
( ) Auxlang
(X) Artlang
( ) Engelang

Yeah. It's what it is. And besides, it's still underdocumented.

Kind regards
Carsten

--
Ang ming sungva baloybenungley nā ya: