Growing, well established, physician-owned group is seeking pediatric
emergency medicine physicians to join our stable democratic (equal
partnership) group, Richmond Emergency Physicians Inc, at Bon Secour’s
flagship St. Mary’s Hospital in Richmond, VA. We are currently expanding the
pediatric ED coverage from 10 hours/day to 24/7/365 pediatric emergency
medicine physician coverage due to the rapidly growing pediatric population.
Desired qualifications include fellowship training in pediatric emergency
medicine or EM/Peds combined training. We are looking for highly qualified
pediatric emergency physicians to join this truly exciting time of growth for our
emergency medicine group and St. Mary’s pediatrics.
About our ED:
• 21,000 pediatric emergency department patients per year for total
patient volume of 65,000. Patient volumes are now rapidly growing at 9-10%
• Goal to expand pediatric ED physician coverage to 24/7/365 from
current 10 hours/day coverage as soon as pediatric EM physicians are
• 33-bed State-of-the-art Emergency Department including 15 bed
pediatric/minor care beds and currently planning for ED expansion including a
new dedicated pediatric ED and pediatric waiting room.
• 391 bed facility including 46 pediatric beds (New 12 bed PICU and
Stepdown, and 34 floor and telemetry beds). The new PICU opened
yesterday on July 15, 2009 increasing the bed capacity from 8 to 12 beds.
• Excellent subspecialty coverage including pediatric intensivists,
pediatric surgery, pediatric orthopedics, pediatric cardiology, pediatric
neurology, pediatric endocrinology, pediatric pulmonology, pediatric urology,
pediatric hematology, pediatric infectious disease, pediatric gastroenterology,
• Outstanding and very responsive pediatric hospitalist and pediatric
intensivist programs. Both programs enjoy a great working relationship with
• Busy pediatric critical care transport team averaging almost 40
transports per month. A second transport vehicle will be added soon.
• Strong commitment by Richmond Emergency Physicians and the
hospital administration to pediatric emergency medicine with a bright future
vision for pediatrics at St. Mary’s.
About our opening:
• Strong, stable, growing, democratic (equal partnership), and
physician owned Emergency Physician group with long term relationship (15+
years) with St. Mary’s Hospital
• 2 year partnership track with $100 buy-in.
• We offer a fair and flexible schedule with equally shared holidays
• Extremely competitive annual salary with great benefits including
health and dental plans, 401K plan and profit sharing plan, medical and
childcare reimbursements, and CME allowance. Superb onsite childcare is
available at the hospital.
• Separate Fast Track with 30 hours/day total coverage by Mid Level
• Malpractice insurance and tail coverage paid for associates
Richmond, VA is located in Central Virginia approximately 100 miles south of
D.C. Opportunities for urban or suburban living abound. Richmond and
surrounding counties offer excellent school systems in a beautiful city with a
rich history. Located within 2 hours of mountains or beach with a perfect mix
of seasonable weather.
For more information about this exciting position, contact Dr. Randall Geldreich
via email at [log in to unmask] .
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: