CONLANG  August 2009, Week 3

CONLANG August 2009, Week 3

Re: Dates (< Punctuation, capitalization, collation)

"Mark J. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:51:14 -0400

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Lee<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> I tend to prefer the year first because it
>> makes machine sorting much easier.
>>

> Until now I suspected I was the only one who thought this way, considering the number of times I'd have to explain why I always work with dates/datetimes this way, up until the final formatting for display.

You're hardly alone!.  It's been standard practice in computer circles
for decades, long before the ISO standardized it, and a fair number of
us geeky types have adopted it for everyday use (even e.g. dating
checks).

--
Mark J. Reed <[log in to unmask]>