CONLANG  August 2009, Week 3

CONLANG August 2009, Week 3

Re: Postman Pat

Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:05:06 -0700

--- On Mon, 8/17/09, <deinx nxtxr> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
All I'm saying it's got to be a tough system to work with.  I'd expect a professional taxi driver to get me there but there are easier ways of organizing things.  I could say the systems in Europe can make it almost as touch with the lack overall numbering systems in those older cities.

ISTR reading that London cabbies have to go through a course that involves practically memorizing the London street guide/map. But at least the streets have names !!  No doubt GPS has simplified matters for them.