CONLANG  August 2009, Week 3

CONLANG August 2009, Week 3

A posteriori conlangs

Peter Bleackley <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:59:09 +0100

I'm thinking of creating an a posteriori conlang, based on Koine Greek
with French sound changes. I'm wondering what to do with sounds like χ θ
and υ that didn't exist in Vulgar Latin (as far as I know, Latin only
had these sound in learned borrowings from Greek, so they would probably
have been confined to Classical usage). How do other a posteriori
conlangers handle it?

Pete