CONLANG  August 2009, Week 3

CONLANG August 2009, Week 3

Re: Right name for Atheism

Chris blank <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:27:44 -0500

Hmm. Good question.

As an atheist myself, it's an interesting question to put on the table.
Perhaps something not involving the belief in a god at all. Since god-less
(without) and a-theist (no/god) are really not exactly a good description of
what an atheist believes. Since the belief is more along the lines of "there
is no ultimate creator" not without or no. So perhaps something not
involving a deity at all, as we are not a religion but the absence of that
sort of belief.

I hope I explained that right.

--
It is impossible to discourage the real writers - they don't give a damn
what you say, they're going to write.  ~Sinclair Lewis