CONLANG  August 2009, Week 4

CONLANG August 2009, Week 4

Re: Right name for Atheism

Paul Hartzer <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 20 Aug 2009 17:37:48 -0700

> From: "<deinx nxtxr>" <[log in to unmask]>
> Maybe you could just use a word like "skepticism" instead.  A lot of
> atheists or agnostics like to self-identify as "humanists".

Neither of these is ideal, either. Many religionists/theists have been skeptics. "Humanism" historically was not anti-religious or anti-theistic, although that word has somewhat been widely claimed as you say by atheists and agnostics; this is prone to irritate religious humanists. I've also seen "rationalist&qu