CONLANG  October 2009, Week 3

CONLANG October 2009, Week 3

Indo-Uralic pronouns (was Re: Demonstratives and personal pronouns (was ...))

Jörg Rhiemeier <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:39:38 +0200

Hallo!

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:20:18 +0200, Benct Philip Jonsson wrote:

> It is probably no coincidence that the person endings and the
> pronominal stems resemble eachother in IndoEuropean and Uralic.

Yes.  It is also probably no coincidence that the Indo-European
pronouns look so similar to their Uralic counterparts.  While
the evidence is not yet sufficient to prove an Indo-Uralic
relationship, such a relationship seems to me the most likely
explanat