Monospaced Font

CONLANG  December 2009, Week 4

CONLANG December 2009, Week 4

Re: Concultural (or just conlang) Card Exchange

Mechthild Czapp <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:55:52 +0100

> In order to select an appropriate holiday I went off and started
> finalizing my con-calendar, which meant double-checking my figures for
> the orbital period of the planet and so on. In my research I ran into
> more information about the star that Dankar supposedly orbits. I
> already knew that terrestrial life wouldn't have had time to evolve
> there naturally - my conhistory is based on the Dankarans being
> transplanted from Earth by forces unknown - but transplanted Earth
> species would also have trouble even surviving in the system given the
> incredibly high UV being put out by the star.

Have you considered that the measurement might be inadequate? ;) If the forces can transport a group of humans, they can probably confuse our data as well so that we don't accidentally get into contact with the humans in the future and spoil the experiment.

Also: I think you forgot the Bellisarios Maxim: Don't examine this too closely. ;)

> So I had to either create another dodge for that (shielding system put
> in place by the transplanters? but why would they pick a place so
> inhospitable to the transplantees?) or ..
Maybe other possible places are occupied with other `experiments' and they are running out of space ;)

Va'il veka,
~Mechthild
--
Sanja'xen mi'lanja'kynha ,mi'la'ohix jilih, nka.

My life would be easy if it was not so hard!