CONLANG  August 2010, Week 5

CONLANG August 2010, Week 5

Hyborian Sign Language

Adam Walker <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:52:26 -0700

Does anyone here remeber the Amrican TV show from 1997-8, Conan, which was
released on DVD as Conan the Adventurer?  I never watched it when it was on
TV since that was one of my no television set periods; however, I just
started watching it on Netflix via internet.  the story includes a character
named Zzeben who is mute.  I was four episodes in before I realized that
Zzeben's signs looked like more than just random gestures and decided to do
a quick google for info about the character and the actor (Robert McRay).  I
quickly discovered that Mr. McRay claimed, in interviews from that time, to
have invented Hyborian Sign Language for his character.  He claimed to have
300 signs in one interview and hinted that he had a grammar for the l