CONLANG  March 2011, Week 1

CONLANG March 2011, Week 1

Re: earthquake in Christchurch

andrew <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:51:15 +1300

The Sumner Ukelele International Orchestra has a nice ring to it I
think.  The British have got away with a Ukelele Orchestra which has
recently toured New Zealand for the second time that I can recall.  I
attended a concert at a university hall of residence last year and the
performance of a ukelele orchestra was one of my highlights.  So don't
feel discouraged Wesley!

On some linguistic relevance I will post this link:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Jeremy-the-sign-language-guy-Information-in-first-language-vital/tabid/423/articleID/200499/Default.aspx

Among the heroes of our national disaster sign language interpreters can
step forward.  How cool is that?

Andrew.