Balisage 2011 Program Finalized
When the regular (peer-reviewed) part of the Balisage 2011 program was scheduled, a few slots were reserved for presentation of "Late breaking" material. These presentations have now been selected and added to the program.
Topics added include:
- XQuery and SparQL
- XQuery and XSLT
- the Logical Form of a Metadata Record
- Why is XML a pain to produce?
- XML Serialization of C# and Java Objects
- testing XSLT in continuous integration
- dealing with markup without using words
- REST for document resource nodes
- tagging journal article supplemental materials
- using 15 year old SGML documents in current software
The program already included talks about DITA, XSLT, generic microformats, XML Ebooks, JSON, multiple hrefs, XML editors, markup overlap, encryption of XML documents, and XML Interoperability, among others. Now it is a real must for anyone who thinks deeply about markup.
Balisage is the XML Geek-fest; the annual gathering of people who design markup and markup-based applications; who develop XML specifications, standards, and tools; the people who read and write, books about publishing technologies in general and XML in particular; and super-users of XML and related technologies. You can read about the Balisage 2011 conference at http://www.balisage.net.
Schedule At A Glance: http://www.balisage.net/2011/At-A-Glance.html
Detailed program: http://www.balisage.net/2011/Program.html
Balisage: The Markup Conference 2011 mailto:[log in to unmask]
August 2-5, 2011 http://www.balisage.net
Symposium on Document-Oriented XML Montreal, Canada
August 1, 2011