Re: Present and Future of TEI

Patrick Durusau <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:35:54 -0400

Lou,

Not that it will shed any further light on this matter but it is worth
one further try....

On 8/24/2011 2:01 PM, Lou Burnard wrote:
> I think the statements already issued by the Board make clear who
> voted how on this issue, and there are no minutes from the Aug 11th
> meeting because the meeting closed down immediately after the vote was
> taken. I have no explanation to offer for anyone's votes (except my
> own -- I voted in support of Martin as chair) . It is probably not for
> me, or anyone else, to speculate as to the motivation other Board
> members may have for remaining silent on this question.

The statements issued by the Board may be clear to you, as a person
present at the meeting, but they are not clear to me.

Furthermore, this discussion isn't a "witch hunt," to use one
characterization, or a question of speculating on motivations. John
Unsworth made it clear in his initial statement that "strategic
priorities" were part of the issues between the Board and Chair. Surely
those "strategic issues" are relevant to the upcoming elections to both
Board and Council?

At a bare minimum, the TEI Community should be explicitly told:

What "strategic issues" lay at the heart of the disagreement between the
Chair and the Board. Along with who supported which positions.

Voting members may wish to vote for Board members who continue (or
oppose) the strategic priorities that lead to the recent events.

They can't do that if they don't even know what issues were in play.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau