CONLANG  September 2011, Week 2

CONLANG September 2011, Week 2

Re: How fast is your conlang?

Roger Mills <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 13 Sep 2011 12:17:04 -0700

I have written somewhere that Kash is a syllable-timed (vs. stress-timed) language, which I think accords with its basic CVCV(C) structure. But I can't speak it fluently enough to be able to tell, and probably a lot of Engl. habits sneak in, like lengthening stressed vowels.

Gwr, as a monosyllablic/tonal lang.-- I can't say. How are Chinese or Vietnamese classified? It has no cons.-clusters, but does have long and short vowels and lots of diphthongs, both rising and falling, not to me