Propofol Sedations in PED

Matthew Denenberg <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:52:29 -0400

Fellow PEM Docs,

We have been using propofol in our PED for about a year now in
children 12 and above.  Our EM and PEM docs are credentialed and
perfom these sedations for short procedures.  We are working on plan
to lower the age of use to 5 or even lower.  Does anyone have
expereicne with Propofol use in your pedaitric ED's?  If so, are you
willing to share your sedation guidlines and or policies?  Who
administers it and under what conditions?

Please feel free to email me directly.  it would be nice to work out some
standard use guidlines for our colleques in other PED's as well.

Thanks,

Matthew Denenberg

For more information, send mail to