Help for TEI-L Archives

TEI-L Archives

TEI-L@LISTSERV.BROWN.EDU

TEI-L Home

TEI-L  June 2012

TEI-L June 2012

Re: Word to Your Mother, or, Word to TEI

Daniel O'Donnell <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:42:43 -0600

It is no help to hear "it works for us" but, it works for us. All the
time in fact and as late as end of the week before last.

We apply styles throughout before sending it to Oxgarage. Sometimes we
have problems with something (I think maybe weird characters or
something) but in recent months that is less so.

If we run into problems we try--saving it in the same format using a
different processor (e.g. loading it into OO and then saving it as
.doc), or loading it in a different processor and saving it in that
native format (i.e. open in OO and save in OO). I don't think we've ever
been totally defeated, and mostly it works very well.

There had been trouble early on with font style changes (i.e. italics or
bold on) producing a lot of noise in the XML. But recently that's been
excellent too. When it was a problem, we found using character styles
instead of font properties worked.

We'll be using it again this week, so perhaps we can see if our
experience replicates yours.

&g