TEI-L October 2012

Re: TEI P5 version 2.2.0 is released!

Martin Holmes <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 26 Oct 2012 08:57:58 -0700

Hi Martin,

In your Oxygen folder, you'll find a "frameworks" directory that
contains a directory called "tei". That's where the contents of the zip
would go.

However, I'd recommend caution here; I've just received one report of a
problem from someone who has replaced their tei framework directory.
It's working fine for me (on Oxygen 14.1), but if you do decide to try
it out, I would recommend that you:

  - copy the existing frameworks/tei directory to a safe location.

  - put the new one in.

  - test thoroughly, and if you see any problems, simply close down
Oxygen and replace the original.

Cheers,
Martin

On 12-10-26 08:35 AM, Martin Mueller wrote:
> I may be the only person so stupid as to have to ask. If I have oXygen,
> what do I need to do to replace its current TEI version with this package?
> Or does it do it by itself?
>
> On 10/26/12 10:13 AM, "Martin Holmes" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> For those of you interested in using the latest-and-greatest in your
>> Oxygen setup, the oxygen-tei package is available here:
>>
>> <http://code.google.com/p/oxygen-tei/downloads/list>
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin
>>
>> On 12-10-25 06:22 PM, James Cummings wrote:
>>> Dear TEI Community,
>>>
>>> TEI P5 version 2.2.0 (Codename: Primrose Path) is now available
>>> from all the usual sources, such as the TEI-C website and
>>> SourceForge. The debian packages and TEI-C XSL will be updated
> [...]
>>> (TEI Technical Council Chair)
>>>
>>> ====
>>> TEI P5 version 2.2.0 release notes
>>>
>>>      This version of the TEI introduces new features and resolves a
>>> number of issues raised by the TEI community. As always, the
>>> majority of these changes and corrections are a consequence of
>>> feature requests or bugs reported by the TEI community, using the
>>> SourceForge tracking system. If you find something you think
>>> needs to change in the TEI Guidelines, schemas, tools, or
>>> website, please submit a ticket at http://tei.sf.net/ for
>>> consideration.
>>>      Since the last release (16 June 2012), the Council has closed
>>> at least 82 tickets entered in the SourceForge tracking system,
>>> from 25 different members of the TEI community (10 more than in
>>> the previous release!). Full details may be found at
>>> http://tei.sf.net/ and an active list sorted by ticket number is
>>> also available. Ticket numbers are also referenced in the
>>> subversion ChangeLog, as usual, which records around 490 commits
>>> during this period.
>>>
>>> 1  Schema Changes
>>>
>>>      Some of the important or interesting schema-related changes
>>> include:
>>>     * After much discussion, the datatype and usage of the global
>>> attribute @rend was clarified. In response to 3519866, a new
>>> global @style attribute was created to allow local description of
>>> the source document's appearance using a formal style definition
>>> language such as CSS
>>>     * Increasingly, the Technical Council is attempting to provide
>>> more consistent Schematron constraints for additional validation
>>> (3557497, 3548772, 3064757)
>>>     * A new <listApp> element was added, along with other
>>> improvements for recording critical apparatus (3497356)
>>>     * The model.glossLike class was subdivided, to ensure that only
>>> content of appropriate elements. (3565137)
>>>     * The @scheme attribute on <keywords> was made optional (3554050)
>>>     * A new att.milestoneUnit class was created to ensure
>>> consistency in use of @unit (3537452)
>>>     * Tighter restrictions were imposed on the content model of
>>> <gi> and <att> (3535672)
>>>     * The content model of <table> was changed to allow
>>> model.divBottom (footers, etc.) at the bottom (3531957)
>>> (3440977)
>>>     * The <lg> element, after much debate, is now allowed inside
>>>     * In the content model of <editionStmt>, explicit reference to
>>> <respStmt> has been replaced with model.respLike for greater
>>> flexibility (3439587)
>>>     * <biblStruct> can now be used for patent citations: the
>>> <title>, and <imprint> now allows <classCode> and <classRef>.
>>> (3513147)
>>>
>>> 2  Textual Changes
>>>
>>>      Some of important textual changes in the Guidelines include:
>>>     * Correction of typos, clearer explanations, or provision of
>>> new examples in various sections of the Guidelines: (e.g.
>>> 3576189, 3573757, 3572375, 3571101, 3561766, 3553911, 3552973,
>>> 3549757, 3547934, 3545113, 3539329, 3538141, 3537574, 3536504,

--
Martin Holmes