if you use oXygen, the TEI Technical Council invites you to try using a TEI framework "add-on". This facility
is available for oXygen 14 or later. It lets you subscribe to the TEI framework and
be updated automatically when a change is released. No more manual updates involving
unzipping archives, or waiting for a new oXygen release!
If you want to try this, open oXygen and
a) Go to Preferences Document Type Associations and untick all the existing TEI things
(you only have to do this once; and the oXygen folks are looking for a way to avoid the step)
b) Go to "Preferences/Add-ons" and add http://www.tei-c.org/release/oxygen/updateSite.oxygen to the
list of addon URLs. Tick the box to say you want automatic updates.
c) go to "Help/Manage add-ons" and install the "tei" one. obviously, you need to be connected to
the internet, and be warned that it make take a while to download. you will be asked to accept
the license (see below about signature)
d) restart oXygen
e) all being well, you'll get TEI 2.3.0 and XSL stylesheets 6.27 locally
f) when we make a new P5, or update the stylesheets, oXygen will go and get them
for you (after checking you want it to)
1. you can undo this process, by uninstalling the add-on, if you don't like the effect
2. you will be warned that the framework is unsigned. we are working on that, so will
just ask you to trust it for the moment :-}
3. oXygen 14.2 is coming out shortly, and that will have an updated TEI anyway
4. This will be part of the TEI release procedure from now on
5. If there are other software vendors who have similar services we can plug in, let us know!
Feedback welcome, of course. Preferably on this list for all to share.
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services
University of Oxford IT Services
13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431