I believe that I have seen this discussed before but I was hoping to
compile the data for my institution. I am at a University Hospital on
Long Island, NY that is currently open from 9am-2am and the
administration really wants us to be open 24/7 so we are trying to
figure out staff needs to accomodate this.
If you could please answer the following short questions I will
compile the data and distribute to the listserv.
1) How many overnights are you contracted to work each month (please
don't include moonlighting shifts or if a nocturnist please state
2) How many hours is each overnight (8,10,12)?
3) How many shifts are weeknights? How many are weekend nights?
4) University or community hospital?
5) Are you at a trauma center (if so what level)?
6) Urban, suburban or rural setting for your hospital?
If you want to send the response to me only that is fine and after
compiling the results I will send out the data for all to see.
Clinical Assistant Professor
Departments of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine
Stony Brook Children's
[log in to unmask]
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: