AUXLANG March 2013, Week 3

Re: Support Angos on Kickstarter

Ben <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:00:41 -0400

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 07:50:24 +0100, Kjell Rehnström <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Salute!
>Ego have nul (zero) motivation supporta un lingve kom ango. Un tali
>kreation e la solim por sekurar li hegonimie de anglum. Ego vole supporta
>un ling ke es maxim komprensibli pro tis ki ha besonio de it.

I disagree. I think it's languages based on single language families that are inhibiting any IAL's success. For example, I can understand most of what you're saying due to my studies of Spanish, Latin, and French, which means it'll be easy for me to learn it. But, I will never need to use this IAL 'because' I know these languages. This conlang you're writing with has eliminated the need for itself just from 'having' instant or near-instant comprehensibility.

-Ben