CONLANG March 2013, Week 4

Re: [Joke] Conscript

Padraic Brown <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:33:17 -0700

--- On Mon, 3/25/13, MorphemeAddict <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mathieu Roy <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
> > Here's a nice joke about a "conscript" I saw on my Facebook ^^
> >
> > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151366708121840&set=a.109041001839
> > .105995.21785951839&type=1&theater
>
> Since the letters are all distinct, that could actually work.

And therein lies the fatal flaw. Far too legible. Typically, a doctor's
writing is more characterised by random bits of straight lines (either
vertical or horizontal) interspersed with equally random jots and
squiggles:

http://www.adventuresoftubegirl.com/2009/09/doctors-handwriting.html
http://netajeekahin.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/why-doctors-write-illegible/

The old bromide being that doctors learn to write terribly while in
medical school, while nurses learn to interpret their terrible handwriting
while in nursing school.

> stevo

Padraic