On 28 Mar 2013, at 10:15, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm having a surprisingly pleasant time experimenting with OxGarage conversions of Word files containing custom styles. So far, the only issue I see is the fact that character-level styles seem to overwrite direct formatting (direct underlining/italics/bold/...). For example, suppose I have a fragment :
> nostyle TEST
> style TEST
> ...where both occurrences of 'test' are bold, italics, and capitalized by means of direct formatting; in the former case without any further character-level style; in the latter with a custom style (say, 'add'). OxGarage transforms this to this TEI P5 structure:
> <p>nostyle <hi rend="italic bold capsall">test</hi></p>
> <p><hi rend="add">style test</hi></p>
when I actually went to look at this, i realized that most of the work was already done, so I have made the small
changes needed to activate it. You'll find it at https://sourceforge.net/p/tei/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Stylesheets/docx/from/textruns.xsl
to study, the template called basicStyles. Corrections and additions very welcome there!
I will update OxGarage soon, but am concerned about testing more, so if you supply complex test cases that would be good.
Director (Research) of Academic IT
University of Oxford IT Services
13 Banbury Road, Oxford OX2 6NN. Phone +44 1865 283431