Please consider looking into our open PEM position at Mayo Clinic Rochester.
Our new pediatric ER will be opening in March of this year and will give us the dedicated space that we need for our expanding practice.
With all of the pediatric specialties available on a consistent basis and with our level 1 pediatric trauma center designation for many years, you will be able to provide excellent patient care support in a wonderful working environment.
Learners from the Mayo Medical School as well as residency programs in emergency medicine, pediatrics, and family medicine provide plenty of opportunities for teaching others along the way.
The salary and benefits are among the best in the country.
Rochester offers a great family-friendly environment and easy travel to and from work for a commute-free practice.
Several of our division members will be available at an exhibition booth at the ACEP Pediatric Assembly in New York in March to discuss the unique and satisfying PEM career opportunities this position offers.
Please feel free to send a letter of interest and CV to me or our chair, Dr. Annie Sadosty, through our contact information below.
Mark Mannenbach, MD
Division Head of Pediatric EM
Mayo Clinic Rochester
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Academic Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physician
The Department of Emergency Medicine, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine seeks to hire an additional academic pediatric emergency physician to join our group.
Among other things, this opportunity includes:
* clinical practice in a busy (75,000 total annual visits with 15,000 pediatric visits), high acuity academic ED and Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center;
* an expanded and renovated ED incorporating state of the art design and technology with a dedicated 12 bed pediatric care area (opening in 2015);
* integral part of the Mayo Children's Center with full representation of all specialties including experienced pediatric critical care specialists and general pediatric hospitalists
* collaboration within an integrated network of 21 other Emergency Departments in the upper Midwest and with colleagues in Florida and Arizona;
* teaching in outstanding Emergency Medicine and Pediatric residency programs, the Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, and Mayo Medical School;
* a world-class multidisciplinary simulation center;
* collaboration with systems engineers and analysts, programmers, and designers from the Center for the Science of Healthcare Delivery to study and optimize ED Operations;
* numerous opportunities for collaborative research, with administrative support and intramural funding available;
* accomplished and fun colleagues with an unwavering commitment to high value patient care, education, and research
To apply, please visit www.mayoclinic.org/physician-jobs and reference job posting 24981BR
For further information, please contact:
Annie T. Sadosty, MD
Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
email: [log in to unmask]
For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L
The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: