Update on current work on correspDesc

Peter Stadler <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Feb 2014 10:17:28 +0100

Dear all,

the correspDesc task force has met in Berlin in January (thanks again to Sabine for providing rooms and Gummibärchen!) and we mad good progress in creating a first draft proposal. The formal specification (the schema) is now in a state where we would like to invite everyone to have a look at it and see how it would fit with your data. What’s still lacking though is descriptive prose so please ask any questions that arise since this will help us to clarify things.

The guiding ideas have been to only tentatively modify the TEI header by adding just a few elements, wrapping them in a special purpose element <ct:correspDesc> and injecting the latter into <sourceDesc>. Furthermore, we suggest two encoding approaches within this set:
a) an elaborate structure for detailed data capture
b) a basic structure for easy data interchange
(the basic structure being a flattened, reduced version of the elaborate)

The ODD along with RelaxNG schema file and examples can be found at
https://github.com/TEI-Correspondence-SIG/correspDesc

We are looking forward to your feedback!
All the best
Sabine, Marcel, Peter