Dear TEI community,
We are very pleased to announce BaseX 7.8 (a.k.a. The XMLPrague
Edition)! The new version was designed to further increase your
productivity, no matter if you develop feature-rich XQuery
applications or use BaseX as a light-weight XMLDB. You can expect the
* A new project view allows you to open, edit and manage your project
files directly in the GUI and search files and contents in realtime.
* The integrated editor provides many new short cuts and code
completions for writing XQuery modules
* Delete and insert operations are executed faster than ever before,
values are updated in-place whenever possible, and a new convenience
operator has been added for transform expressions
* XQuery functions are now inlined and further optimized. Tail call
detection and static typing has been improved, and (sub)sequences are
processed much faster.
* Various XQuery Modules have been enhanced (JSON, CSV, Unit, Map,
XQuery, Full-Text, EXPath File), and the EXPath Binary Module has been
* BaseX is now available in Russian and Spanish. Thank you to
Oleksandr Shpak and Carlos Marcos!
We are looking forward to your feedback, and we hope to see some of
you in Prague,