The Cologne Center for eHumanities (CCeH) at the University of Cologne
is offering a Marie Curie fellowship for an Experienced Researcher:
“Tool integration in the digital edition”
(full-time; fixed-term employment for 12 months, starting 1st November 2014).
Specifications of the Fellowship
The research project should encompass one or more of the following topics:
- Study, assessment, evaluation, theorization of the integration and
possible enhancement of tools in digital editions in general
- Case studies (empirical survey, methodological discussion, sketch
for future developments, practical development and implementation) on
single fields of tool integration in scholarly editions or editorial
work environments, like personalization, rendering of text
presentation, image manipulation, transcription, annotation, text
analysis, geocoding, lexicon lookup, services for the integration of
external knowledge resources (e.g. controlled vocabularies,
- Visualization of textual relations in scholarly editions using
network analysis and visualization tools; connection of editions to
tools like Voyant, Juxta-Commons or CollateX etc.
- Relevant doctoral degree (or at least four years of research experience)
- Preferably prior experience with digitization, tools in editing,
digital scholarship, scholarly editing.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of German is not required.
This position is funded through the Marie Curie Initial Training
Network “DiXiT”. For details, see
- be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of
full-time equivalent research experience.
- also have less than five years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- not have resided or carried out their main activity in the country
of their host organization (i.e. Germany) for more than 12 months in
the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
- be willing to spend up to 3 months of their tenure at the Huygens
Application Deadline: 15th August 2014
Applications, including a letter of intent, CV, scan of diploma and
relevant certificates must be sent by e-mail to
[log in to unmask]
In addition, the mandatory DiXiT application form has to be filled in.
It can be found here:
Follow the instructions!
For further information contact the CCeH at
[log in to unmask] or +49 221 470 4056.
Dr. Franz Fischer
Cologne Center for eHumanities / Thomas-Institut
Universität zu Köln, Universitätsstr. 22, D-50923 Köln
Telefon: +49 - (0)221 - 470 - 4056
Email: [log in to unmask]