TEI-CORRESP-DIG, Convenors

Joachim Veit <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 19 Oct 2014 22:50:37 +0200

Dear all,
since the formation of the SIG Correspondence in 2008 Peter Stadler and
me had been responsible for the work of the SIG as convenors. Whereas
Peter has been very busy all the time (or at least very often during the
past years...;-) ), I had to withdraw from the actual discussions more
and more - although I am still heavily interested in the work of our SIG
and with a deep, deep sigh very much regret not to be able to contribute
more thoroughly to this group. During the lively discussions of the
Taskforce "correspDesc" I got the impression that it's high time to
vacate my position as a very humble contributor and to support the
promising work of persons which are really active and try to finally
realize what we had in mind when founding the SIG.
So, please allow me to propose (after consulting Peter) as new convenors
in the SIG Correspondence besides Peter:
- Sabine Seifert (Berlin), and
- Marcel Illetschko (Vienna)
The SIG's meeting at Northwestern University next week is a great
opportunity to welcome these two as new convenors of the SIG.
I hope that you all agree with this proposal and I wish both (or all
three) very lively and fruitful discussions in this very interesting
field of research!
And last not least: I am really curious to see the results of the
discussions in the Guidelines (and I am still convinced that we need
this "correspDesc" element and some further "details" to handle
correspondence-"stuff" in a more convenient and useful way).
To see the results of work with TEI in our own slowly growing
Weber-edition of the letters and to see the also slowly growing
possibilities based on these TEI-encondings is still really fascinating
for me - and I hope to see further developments with new opportunies to
demonstrate the huge advantages of digital editions of correspondences!
Good luck for Sabine and Marcel (and Peter) and exciting days abroad,
yours,
Joachim